The Editorial Committee of IMISCOE has accepted the book ‘Integrating Immigrants in Europe: Research-Policy Dialogues‘ for publication. The book is edited by Peter Scholten, Han Entzinger, Rinus Penninx and Stijn Verbeek. It brings together theoretical contributions by key experts as well as new field work on the interaction between research and policymaking in the field of migrant integration.
The contritions originate from the DIAMINT project and from the IMISCOE Standing Committee on Research-Policy Dialogues on Migration and Integration. The book will be available end of 2014 or early 2015.
Table of contents:
1. Research-policy dialogues on migrant integration in Europe: A conceptual framework and key questions Peter Scholten, Han Entzinger and Rinus Penninx
PART I – FORMS AND FUNCTIONS OF RESEARCH-POLICY DIALOGUES
2. Cultures of knowledge use in policymaking: The functions of research in German and UK immigration policy. Christina Boswell
3. Migration statistics in Europe: A core component of governance and population research. Albert Kraler, David Reichel and Han Entzinger.
4. The coproduction of national models of integration: A view from France and the Netherlands. Christophe Bertossi, Jan Willem Duyvendak and Peter Scholten.
5. Consultative commissions and the rethinking of integration policies in the Netherlands and Germany: The Blok Commission and the Süssmuth Commission compared. Jan Schneider and Peter Scholten.
6. European cities in search of knowledge for their integration policies. Rinus Penninx.
7. EU policymaking and research: Case studies of the Communication on a Community Immigration Policy and the Common Basic Principles for Integration. Sandra Pratt.
8. Speaking truth to power? Why civil society, beyond academia, remains marginal in EU migration policy. Ann Singleton.
PART II – RESEARCH-POLICY DIALOGUES IN THE EUROPEAN UNION AND SEVEN OF ITS MEMBER STATES 173
9. Research-policy dialogues in Austria.Maren Borkert.
10. Research-policy dialogues in Italy. Tiziana Caponio
11. Research-policy dialogues in Germany. Friedrich Heckmann and Delia Wiest.
12. Research-policy dialogues in the Netherlands. Stijn Verbeek, Han Entzinger and Peter Scholten.
13. Research-policy dialogues in the United Kingdom..Alistair Hunter and Christina Boswell.
14. Research-policy dialogues in Poland. Mikołaj Pawlak
15. Research-policy dialogues in Denmark. Martin Bak Jørgensen.
16. Research-policy dialogues in the European Union. Andrew Geddes and Marthe Achtnich
PART III – COMPARISON AND CONCLUSIONS
17. Research-policy dialogues on migrant integration in Europe: Comparison and conclusions. Peter Scholten, Han Entzinger and Rinus Penninx.