The Dutch report of the PROSINT project is ready: ‘Shaping Immigration for Integration? The Dutch migration-integration nexus in perspective.’ The report is available for download here: PROSINT Dutch report.
The report is a compilation of national case-study reports for the comparative project ‘Promoting Sustainable Integration Policies’, funding by the European Integration Fund for TCN’s. The project was coordinated by the International Center for Migration Policy Development in Vienna; the Dutch case-studies were made by the Erasmus University Rotterdam (prof.dr. Han Entzinger and dr. Peter Scholten) and by the University of Twente (prof.dr. Sawitri Saharso).
Some key findings:
– policy trend toward more individual responsibility for the migrants
– strong issue linkages between civic integration policies and gender issues
– growing discrepancy between national and local policies
– difficult to confirm long-term policy effects
– significant but declining impact on immigration levels