The IMISCOE Board of Directors has unanimously decided to grant EUR another coordination period from 2018-2022. We are honoured by the confidence that the BD (now 39 member institutes) has put in us as coordinators. This means that I will continue as coordinator of IMISCOE for this upcoming period. Unfortunately Prof.dr. Maurice Crul will stop as co-coordinator. For the new period there will be a number of key policy priorities for IMISCOE:
- Pursuing a strategy of incremental growth of the network while maintaining the academic quality of the network's activities
- Strengthening the interdisicplinary character of the network
- Develing more intelligent strategies for putting IMISCOE's research capacity to use for research funding opportunities such as Horizon2020 and JPI.
- Positioning IMISCOE more centrally in the ongoing public and political debates on migration and migration-related diversity
- Securing an impact rating for the IMISCOE journal CMS.
- Decentralizing some of the network activities with a view on the future of IMISCOE.